You can contact me at OaklandBecks at gmail dot com or leave a message below.
- patalyor on Why do people hate buses?!
- newoaktown on Uptown Art Park grand opening this Friday night!
- email@example.com on 35th & Mac is back!
- Elmer Fittery on A sad day for justice
- Karen Hester on Uptown Art Park grand opening this Friday night!
- John on AC Transit – please, get rid of my bus stop
- Tim on Daniel Schulman – What Matters a Taco Bell
Four years after several Oakland advocates, bloggers, and blog readers saved the space from becoming a surface parking lot, the Uptown Art Park is opening this Friday night! Thanks to hard work by staff in the City’s Public Art Program and funding from the National Endowment for the Arts, Oaklanders and Uptown visitors will soon […]
This guest blog post was written by Daniel Schulman, who first moved to Oakland in 1984. Following a multi-year break for graduate school and career, he returned to the city in 2001 where he has lived since. During that time, Dan has worked to improve Oakland’s livability while maintaining its unique character. He is a […]
This guest blog post was written by Josie Schimke, the Program Development Associate for the Black Rock Arts Foundation. Through her administrative and program support over the last five years for BRAF, Josie has had the privilege of watching promising art proposals mature into exceptional achievements of public art. The Black Rock Arts Foundation (BRAF) […]
This guest blog post was written by Josh Sonnenfeld, Campaign Manager for Save the Bay. This post is cross-posted from Save the Bay’s blog, one of the handful of environmental blogs I read regularly. If you care about the Bay, you should be reading it too. A gem at the heart of Oakland, Lake Merritt […]
Throughout my blogging hiatus this year, I’ve many times been tempted to blog about things happening in Oakland (particularly upcoming decisions at the Planning Commission and City Council). I’ve stopped myself because I just don’t have the time to start blogging again while I’m campaigning for BART Board and maintaining my full-time job. But I […]
- RT @tim_mulshine: 1961 Oakland parking mins increased construction costs 18%, reduced density 30% & reduced land values 33% (!!!) http://t.… 2 hours ago
- RT @SFBART Both tracks are now in service at Embarcadero, service recovery in progress. 20 hours ago
- And major delays throughout the system. RT @SFBARTalert Stn closure at EMBR due to a major medical emergency. 21 hours ago
- Vote on critical policy to increase reserves at #bartmtg tomorrow, policy I've worked on w/Pres Keller & Dir Murray: bart.gov/news/articles/… 23 hours ago
- Tomorrow (Wed Oct 22), join us at Downtown Berkeley BART 4-7pm to discuss your priorities for future of BART: bart.gov/news/articles/… 2 days ago