You can contact me at OaklandBecks at gmail dot com or leave a message below.
- newoaktown on Uptown Art Park grand opening this Friday night!
- email@example.com on 35th & Mac is back!
- Elmer Fittery on A sad day for justice
- Karen Hester on Uptown Art Park grand opening this Friday night!
- John on AC Transit – please, get rid of my bus stop
- Tim on Daniel Schulman – What Matters a Taco Bell
- Daniel Schulman on Daniel Schulman – What Matters a Taco Bell
Four years after several Oakland advocates, bloggers, and blog readers saved the space from becoming a surface parking lot, the Uptown Art Park is opening this Friday night! Thanks to hard work by staff in the City’s Public Art Program and funding from the National Endowment for the Arts, Oaklanders and Uptown visitors will soon […]
This guest blog post was written by Daniel Schulman, who first moved to Oakland in 1984. Following a multi-year break for graduate school and career, he returned to the city in 2001 where he has lived since. During that time, Dan has worked to improve Oakland’s livability while maintaining its unique character. He is a […]
This guest blog post was written by Josie Schimke, the Program Development Associate for the Black Rock Arts Foundation. Through her administrative and program support over the last five years for BRAF, Josie has had the privilege of watching promising art proposals mature into exceptional achievements of public art. The Black Rock Arts Foundation (BRAF) […]
This guest blog post was written by Josh Sonnenfeld, Campaign Manager for Save the Bay. This post is cross-posted from Save the Bay’s blog, one of the handful of environmental blogs I read regularly. If you care about the Bay, you should be reading it too. A gem at the heart of Oakland, Lake Merritt […]
Throughout my blogging hiatus this year, I’ve many times been tempted to blog about things happening in Oakland (particularly upcoming decisions at the Planning Commission and City Council). I’ve stopped myself because I just don’t have the time to start blogging again while I’m campaigning for BART Board and maintaining my full-time job. But I […]
- Hanging out with our next State Controller @BettyYee2014 at @EmergeCA party. #cadem14 http://t.co/gDMUDXceQb 2 hours ago
- Lucky me - riding #cadem14 bus with candidates I just voted for: @BettyYee2014 for Controller and @DerekCressman for Sec of State. 7 hours ago
- I also met LA Metro CEO Art Leahy & rode tons of transit today, including Silver Line BRT. Great highway station: http://t.co/B2qERZrTd9 1 day ago
- I learned a lot from Bruce about how LA Metro runs late night service & will continue to work towards late night weekend BART service. 1 day ago
- Just had a fantastic meeting with LA Metro Exec Direc of Rail Operations Bruce Shelburne about Metro's late night weekend rail service. 1 day ago