I’ve been meaning for a while to write a comprehensive post about breakfast spots in the East Bay, but now I’m wondering if I still need to since I stumbled onto Breafast in the Bay. Though it covers spots around the Bay Area, it seems to be pretty heavily Oakland focused.
I really love breakfast so I’m hoping to see more posts over at Breakfast in the Bay. Specifically, I hope to see reviews of some of my favorite places to grab breakfast:
- Venus Restaurant – it’s in Berkeley but it’s hands down my favorite breakfast spot. The food’s mostly organic and local and I love all of the staff there.
- Rico’s Diner – my favorite place to stop before work in downtown Oakland. Simple food at great prices.
- Somerset – I don’t go there that often for breakfast, but I always enjoy it when I go. It’s especially nice to sit outside on their large vine-shaded patio on a sunny day. It’s also just a short walk from my North Oakland home.
- Rolling Dunes – another place I don’t frequent often enough, mostly because I’m not often near Lake Merritt in the morning.
- Horseshoe – just opened in Temescal. I haven’t gotten a chance to try it yet but I’m hoping it’s good.
Anything else missing at Breakfast in the Bay?