I didn’t have time this weekend to write an events round up, but there’s plenty to do this week so below is an abbreviated listing with links for further info.
- Kailani Lynn on Oakland Rose Garden
- Clay Shentrup on Why do people hate buses?!
- patalyor on Why do people hate buses?!
- newoaktown on Uptown Art Park grand opening this Friday night!
- firstname.lastname@example.org on 35th & Mac is back!
- Elmer Fittery on A sad day for justice
- Karen Hester on Uptown Art Park grand opening this Friday night!
It’s been nearly two years since I’ve written anything here and nearly three years since I announced a “hiatus” for this blog, but as I was writing my endorsements to post on Facebook, I thought I should post them here as well. This will probably be my last blog post for a very long time, […]
Four years after several Oakland advocates, bloggers, and blog readers saved the space from becoming a surface parking lot, the Uptown Art Park is opening this Friday night! Thanks to hard work by staff in the City’s Public Art Program and funding from the National Endowment for the Arts, Oaklanders and Uptown visitors will soon […]
This guest blog post was written by Daniel Schulman, who first moved to Oakland in 1984. Following a multi-year break for graduate school and career, he returned to the city in 2001 where he has lived since. During that time, Dan has worked to improve Oakland’s livability while maintaining its unique character. He is a […]
This guest blog post was written by Josie Schimke, the Program Development Associate for the Black Rock Arts Foundation. Through her administrative and program support over the last five years for BRAF, Josie has had the privilege of watching promising art proposals mature into exceptional achievements of public art. The Black Rock Arts Foundation (BRAF) […]
This guest blog post was written by Josh Sonnenfeld, Campaign Manager for Save the Bay. This post is cross-posted from Save the Bay’s blog, one of the handful of environmental blogs I read regularly. If you care about the Bay, you should be reading it too. A gem at the heart of Oakland, Lake Merritt […]
- More than halfway to $10,000 fundraising goal for re-election campaign & deadline is today. Please contribute today: rebeccaforbart.com/sept_24_donate 5 hours ago
- Take a minute to read this fantastic op-ed in support of Measure RR, and please share it with your friends. twitter.com/TransForm_Aler… 23 hours ago
- RT @dillonliam: Good question. Coming day of reckoning between state’s enviro goals and local opposition to density #housingchat https://t.… 1 day ago
- RT @dillonliam: This graphic should help put things in perspective. #housingchat https://t.co/VNA9ElyLZz 1 day ago
- RT @dillonliam: Our Twitter Q&A on California’s housing affordability crisis is soon! Use #housingchat or @ me with your questions starting… 1 day ago