UPDATE: Thanks to the 255 who braved the cold to vote for me, I was elected as a delegate to the California Democratic Party. Thanks so much to everyone who supported me! I look forward to serving as your delegate for the next two years.
I’m sorry I haven’t had time this week for more substantive posts. I started a new job at the California League of Conservation Voters, have had meetings late every night, and am still trying to get over a cold I’ve had for a week and a half so I haven’t had much time or energy for blogging. I have plenty on tap – a review of Plum, a recap of Vicky Kolakowski’s incredible induction ceremony, and more, but that will all have to wait until next week.
I did want to post a reminder about the 16th Assembly District California Democratic Party Delegate election this Saturday, as I’m running. If you missed the post explaining why I’m running, you can read the whole thing here, and as a recap, I’m running because I’m committed to working hard to help grow and evolve our state party. Since I last posted, I’ve sought endorsements and I’m proud to be endorsed by the East Bay Democracy for America Organizing Team and the following elected officials:
- Lena Tam, Alameda City Councilmember
- Rebecca Kaplan, Oakland City Councilmember
- Pat Kernighan, Oakland City Councilmember
- Libby Schaaf, Oakland City Councilmember
- John Russo, Oakland City Attorney
- Elsa Ortiz, President, AC Transit Board of Directors
- Chris Peeples, AC Transit Director
- Andy Katz, East Bay MUD Director
- Doug Linney, President, East Bay MUD Board of Directors
- Abel Guillen, Peralta Community College District Trustee
- Karen Weinstein, Chair, California Democratic Party Women’s Caucus
- Darleen Brooks, Alameda County Democratic Central Committee Member
- Rocky Fernandez, Alameda County Democratic Central Committee Member & Former AC Transit Director
- Edie Irons, Alameda County Democratic Central Committee Member
- Mario Juarez, Alameda County Democratic Central Committee Member
- Igor Tregub, Berkeley Rent Stabilization Board Commissioner
I hope you’ll take 5-10 minutes to come vote for me, Rebecca Saltzman, and the Local 5 Progressive Unity Slate I’m running on:
The vote takes place on Saturday, January 8th from 2-4pm at Laney Community College Theater, 900 Fallon St. All registered Democrats in the 16th AD can vote. The 16th AD covers all of Alameda and Piedmont, and the vast majority of Oakland (if Sandre Swanson is your assemblymember, than you live in the 16th). If you can make it, please RSVP to our slate’s Facebook event or leave a comment below, as we’re trying to get a count of our votes ahead of time.
Also, if you’re so inclined, you can do the following:
- Become a fan of my Facebook candidate page.
- Find more info about all of our slate members on our slate’s Facebook page.
- Forward this blog post to all your 16th AD Democratic friends and/or invite them to the Facebook event.
If you have any questions about my candidacy, our slate or the process, please feel free to ask here or at the Blogoaksphere Party tonight. I hope to see you on January 8th and hope to continue serving as your 16th AD delegate through 2012!