You can contact me at OaklandBecks at gmail dot com or leave a message below.
- Kailani Lynn on Oakland Rose Garden
- Clay Shentrup on Why do people hate buses?!
- patalyor on Why do people hate buses?!
- newoaktown on Uptown Art Park grand opening this Friday night!
- email@example.com on 35th & Mac is back!
- Elmer Fittery on A sad day for justice
- Karen Hester on Uptown Art Park grand opening this Friday night!
It’s been nearly two years since I’ve written anything here and nearly three years since I announced a “hiatus” for this blog, but as I was writing my endorsements to post on Facebook, I thought I should post them here as well. This will probably be my last blog post for a very long time, […]
Four years after several Oakland advocates, bloggers, and blog readers saved the space from becoming a surface parking lot, the Uptown Art Park is opening this Friday night! Thanks to hard work by staff in the City’s Public Art Program and funding from the National Endowment for the Arts, Oaklanders and Uptown visitors will soon […]
This guest blog post was written by Daniel Schulman, who first moved to Oakland in 1984. Following a multi-year break for graduate school and career, he returned to the city in 2001 where he has lived since. During that time, Dan has worked to improve Oakland’s livability while maintaining its unique character. He is a […]
This guest blog post was written by Josie Schimke, the Program Development Associate for the Black Rock Arts Foundation. Through her administrative and program support over the last five years for BRAF, Josie has had the privilege of watching promising art proposals mature into exceptional achievements of public art. The Black Rock Arts Foundation (BRAF) […]
This guest blog post was written by Josh Sonnenfeld, Campaign Manager for Save the Bay. This post is cross-posted from Save the Bay’s blog, one of the handful of environmental blogs I read regularly. If you care about the Bay, you should be reading it too. A gem at the heart of Oakland, Lake Merritt […]
- RT @MaryNicholsCA: Supermajority of Californians say to curb 🌎🌡we need clean 🔌🚙🚛🚉✈️ -- & a cap on emissions ⬇️🏭 Time for #CAleg to act! htt… 1 hour ago
- Great news: BART & Oakland got $6.3 mil TIGER grant for 19th Street station & 20th Street streetscape improvements: bart.gov/news/articles/… 3 hours ago
- Latham Square grand opening party tonight at 5:30 looks like it will be car-free & fun. Sad to miss it. https://t.co/HflVVvSBLn 20 hours ago
- Interested in the great things happening in San Leandro? Join the San Leandro by Design walking tour on August 24th: sanleandrochamber.chambermaster.com/events/details… 1 day ago
- Garrick Brown, Cushman & Wakefield says a recession wouldn't have big impact on East Bay multi-family housing development, so much demand. 1 day ago