You can contact me at OaklandBecks at gmail dot com or leave a message below.
- Clay Shentrup on Why do people hate buses?!
- patalyor on Why do people hate buses?!
- newoaktown on Uptown Art Park grand opening this Friday night!
- email@example.com on 35th & Mac is back!
- Elmer Fittery on A sad day for justice
- Karen Hester on Uptown Art Park grand opening this Friday night!
- John on AC Transit – please, get rid of my bus stop
It’s been nearly two years since I’ve written anything here and nearly three years since I announced a “hiatus” for this blog, but as I was writing my endorsements to post on Facebook, I thought I should post them here as well. This will probably be my last blog post for a very long time, […]
Four years after several Oakland advocates, bloggers, and blog readers saved the space from becoming a surface parking lot, the Uptown Art Park is opening this Friday night! Thanks to hard work by staff in the City’s Public Art Program and funding from the National Endowment for the Arts, Oaklanders and Uptown visitors will soon […]
This guest blog post was written by Daniel Schulman, who first moved to Oakland in 1984. Following a multi-year break for graduate school and career, he returned to the city in 2001 where he has lived since. During that time, Dan has worked to improve Oakland’s livability while maintaining its unique character. He is a […]
This guest blog post was written by Josie Schimke, the Program Development Associate for the Black Rock Arts Foundation. Through her administrative and program support over the last five years for BRAF, Josie has had the privilege of watching promising art proposals mature into exceptional achievements of public art. The Black Rock Arts Foundation (BRAF) […]
This guest blog post was written by Josh Sonnenfeld, Campaign Manager for Save the Bay. This post is cross-posted from Save the Bay’s blog, one of the handful of environmental blogs I read regularly. If you care about the Bay, you should be reading it too. A gem at the heart of Oakland, Lake Merritt […]
- BART workers did critical track repair during this weekend's transbay tube shut down. Here's a video of their work: youtu.be/lBdaM27Oucc 1 day ago
- Thanks so much to BART & partner bus agency employees who made the transbay tube shut down service run so smoothly! twitter.com/SFBART/status/… 1 day ago
- RT @SFBART: Project update: Interlocking work near West Oak station and rail change work in tube are on schedule. Full buses w/ minimal wai… 3 days ago
- RT @SFBART: No transbay train trips today. Bus bridge to/from SF available. West Oak closed. See all details and tips m.bart.gov/news/articles/… 3 days ago
- Good advice for those who don't need to cross the bay this weekend. If you do, expect delays, no matter your mode. twitter.com/FitzTheReporte… 4 days ago